Kate Bentley S.W.A. is a professional, award-winning artist
When time allows Kate runs private art courses and painting workshop in the Lyth Valley in the Southern Lake District.
The workshops generally cover acrylics and watercolour on a variety of themes:
- experimental watercolours
- and more
Kate has broad teaching experience and in the past has worked for painting holiday specialists Authentic Adventures, Solo Holidays and P&O Cruises.
Read some of the recommendations from Kate’s students
If nothing suits you at the moment but you would like to be informed of future art courses, please make contact through my ‘contact’ page to request updates.
Fri 26th& 27th October – 2 places available
I will repeat this workshop on
Sat 24th & 25th November- 4 places available
Experimental Acrylic painting
Taking Landscapes and Seascapes as our theme this 2 day course is geared for improvers who are enthusiastic to learn more than conventional technique
This workshop isn’t for the faint hearted, we will be pushing Acrylic painting to its full potential and taking risks to push its boundaries. Instead of expecting to finish the course with a painting or 2 think more of leaving with a wealth of ideas and confidence to try new things. Indeed the rules are there to be broken!
Key exploratory areas
- Experimental surfaces & grounds
- Gels & glazes
- Additives-commercial & experimental
- Mixing media
- Application technique
*£185 for 2 day courses which includes 2 lunches & refreshments*
Fabulous Workshop Venue
Newly built, eco-friendly, bright and spacious
Brigsteer Village Hall,
Brigsteer, Nr Kendal, Cumbria LA8 8AL
- All courses are run at this venue unless stated otherwise
- Courses commence at 10am and finish at 4pm
- Materials can be hired
How to Book
- Contact – First make contact with Kate for courses to ensure there is a vacancy.
- Form – Secondly, please download and fill out the booking form or ask me to email/post it to you and return asap with a cheque to the address on the form.
- Equipment – Can also be hired – £9 per day for watercolours, £13 per day for acrylics.